2012年4月12日星期四

Savvy City Girl Style Savvy And Chic Helmet Heads Wholesale

Bicycles are a staple in every major city across the globe. As a form of exercise, enjoyment or transportation, they are energy efficient, cost effective and as many savvy city girls know, offer a unique perspective of ones urban environment.Riding without a helmet may make you feel great, and look great. But, as anyone who has suffered even a mild head trauma can tell you, even a small head bump can affect normal brain function temporarily or have more permanent repercussions. And damaging that sexy brain of yours in the name of vanity is the furthest thing from savvy that I can think of. Read why I wear a helmet at the bottom of this post.Savvy Helmet Heads - Where to Find ThemIf it's style that's keeping your precious head out of a helmet, I have some "no more excuses" articles and links to some over-the-top hip helmets that this SCG thinks are worth every penny. Consider them true investment pieces if owning one means the difference between you wearing a helmet or not. * From country vintage to urban chic, check out CYCLE CHIC: FIVE COOL HELMETS FOR HIM AND HER that was posted in January on jorg&olif * Want more fun and less fashion from your helmet? Check out Nutcase Street helmets * Looking for a custom designed helmet Iphone 4s Charger cover? Check out Riding Pretty * Still want more helmet options? Check out Trendhunter's 50 Hip HelmetsWhile we're on the subject of bicycles: * Looking for inspiration on how to dress up your bike? Check out Copenhagen Style Chic * In the market for a basket? Here's another jorg&olif post Cycle Chic: Naturally Weaved Wicker Baskets * Need a place to stow your handbag? Check out this handbag carrier from London Cycle Chic-----------Here's why I wear a helmet....If you have ever passed the bike lane that runs along the Hudson River in downtown Manhattan there is a very good chance you've seen me riding with my daughter, Isabella, in tow. She, strapped safely into her bike seat wearing a helmet, and I riding carefree in a dress and heels, helmet-less. But all that changed last fall, when while playing with said daughter at a neighborhood playground, I banged my head on a metal bar during a game of 'monster.' Let me tell you what followed.A few hours later I found myself wondering the streets of NYC in the rain, with no destination, no direction, feeling tired and dizzy. I phoned a friend, who said that I didn't sound good and asked if I was sick? I went home and crawled into bed, feeling exhausted and Wholesale Flashlights nauseous. I kept trying to figure out why I felt so awful. Did I get the flu? Was it something I ate?Finally, with the help of my husband, Daniele, I recalled the incident at the playground. He remembered that I had asked him if my nose was bleeding. I claimed I had hit it on one of the jungle gym bars and thought I may have broken it. In my defense, it was misty out and I was wearing a little rain hat that kept the bar from my immediate view. My nose was mark-less, and he thought I was just being a little dramatic.A lump later proved that I had hit the top of my head, not my nose. A trip to the doctor confirmed that I had suffered a mild concussion. But it didn't feel mild. My doctor told me I should refrain from any Wholesale PS Accessories physical exertion for the next two weeks, and I should call him immediately if my symptoms worsen.A constant headache and dizziness stayed with me for the next five days. With it came irritability and fatigue, which lingered for an additional five days. My motor skills slowed notably, I had a hard time remembering anything and difficulty concentrating. All these symptoms went away completely after two weeks. But those 14 days of being impaired from just a mild concussion made a huge impact on me. It certainly put into perspective the enormous risk I had been taking all those years of riding a bike without a helmet. And how lucky I had been.

没有评论:

发表评论